Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

It's hot!

Well, I have some awesome pictures of Ji-Paraná, but the computer is not working right. Next week. It is super, de-duper hot here! Holy goodness. Imagine walking around all day and pretty much just sweating the whole time. That´s what it´s like in Ji-Paraná. The members here are way cool. They feed us really well, and the people here have a bit more more than those in Vilhena. Everythings all just a bit nicer. Most of the streets have asphalt and sidewalks. However, the people are also more prideful, hahaha, and not as receptive to our good news! But, we are teaching a good little handful of people that are really firm and will get baptized. We´re teaching some parents of a recent convert, to stop smoking and get married. They are actually keeping up with the goals and everything! It´s amazing. They love every time that we come and visit. We´re also teaching some Indians by the river that speak Guarani. We´re trying to get a Book of Mormon in that language for them.

Opa! About dangue: it is a disease that Elder Onken and Abreu (my comp) got in Ji-Paraná from the mosquitos. He said it was the absolute worst time of his life. Hahaha. Needless to say, I sleep with my mosquito net over me and use the bug spray every night and day. I had like 100 million mosquito bites after the first night here. Also, my health has been really good. I haven´t felt sick or anything. We eat pretty good (I like to eat yogurt with granola in the mornings because the cereal I bought is nasty). The national health care here is pretty crazy too. I went to the hospital with Elder Magdo in Vilhena because he had problems with breathing, and it was a madhouse. So, I just decided that I´ll never get sick.

Sorry I don´t have much time to write right now, but I´ll leave this one thought. One thing that our president said is that while we are outside sweating from every pore, and thinking of complaining, we just need to think of the Savior, and his atoning sacrifice for us. He BLED at every pore for every one of our sins. This helps to put things in perspective. We are so blessed to have this in our life and to be able to repent. I love you and all have a good week! Remember to open your mouth and find people for the missionaries! This is a Church-wide work!
-Love, Elder Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment