Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Thursday, September 30, 2010

New companion, same city

 Sarah sent me a picture of Tucker.   What the heck! I totally thought he was Ben from about a year or 2 ago. Tucker boy has become even cuter.
 
As for my shoes, they are doing fine. There is only wear on the soles, but the Wolverines and (uh... forgot the name of the other one) are both doing great. My blisters and everything stopped about 3 months ago, so I have no complaints about them. Some missionaries run through shoes really fast, but that´s because they don´t treat them very well. Having 2-3 pairs also helps a lot, too. Most of my Brazilian comps only have one pair that dies out pretty fast, and then they have to keep buying new ones.
 
Well, you´ll never guess what happened with transfers! I´m going to... stay here in Ji-Paraná. If you want, you can send my records to the branch here because maybe I´ll just stay here for the rest of my mission. Elder Santana got transferred to the exact same branch/area that he came from, except he´s gonna be a District Leader there. I´m gonna miss my little companion, but thankfully we´ll see each other at Zone Conference. Elder Dorneles is coming up here, from Rondonopolis, to be my comp. Í don´t really know much about him except that he´s from Rio de Janeiro, speaks English very well, and has 6 or so months left on the mission. I remember talking with him once and he seemed like a cool guy. I´m not too excited to stay in the same place, but it´s all gonna be good. Vamos batizar esse povo!
 
Other than that, nothing new has happened. We´ve got this one girl, Jaquilene, who wants to get baptized. The only problem is that her mom doesn´t want to let her. Her mom is probably gonna get baptized sometime soon (after she gets married), so hopefully we´ll have Jaquilene´s baptism this week.
I had to give an emergency talk this Sunday (meaning I had about 30 minutes to prepare during Church), and it made me realize how glad I am that we have conference this week! The speakers in conference have been thinking of and preparing for the past 6 months, and our job is to listen and follow their counsel. I have yet to write down my 3 questions, but I know that whatever they are, I will have them answered.
 
Have a wonderful week, peoples! Conference is coming, so get excited (Oh, Sarah.)! I love you and pray for you every day. And the Lord hears our prayers! Tchau.
-Elder Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment