Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Monday, November 15, 2010

11/8/10 letter

Hey I´m almost 20! That´s not weird at all. I feel exactly the same. I´m planning on buying a pineapple for my birthday and eating the entire thing for myself. There is nothing like pineapple here in Brazil. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Sarah this week as well.

Well, this letter is gonna be super short. My bus leaves in an hour and a half. Our transfer ended yesterday, and now I´m headed off to Cuiabá! The area is called Parquee Cuiabá. We all knew this was coming... The heat... Although, it´s supposed to be cold there right now. I´m SUPER excited to go to another area, but I´m really gonna miss the branch here in Ji-Paraná. Everyone here is so exciting and has attitude. It made for some awesome experiences. Last night, we visited a couple of families from the branch, because they made food. I will miss them.

But yeah, this last week was crappy. Reinaldo is scared of having to keep the Law of Chastity, and so he didn´t get baptized. We tried our best to help him, but he just doesn´t have the desire. So, we lost one, but gained another. We´ve been teaching a family that lives on the street of the church, and the parents are very interested, but there kids are AWESOME! They have been raised really well and read the Book of Mormon every day. One of them bore his testimony at Church! His second time coming there. The mom doesn´t want to let them get baptized til their older, but I´m pretty sure that she can´t hold them back anymore. I think Elder Dorneles has a baptism for this Saturday! He´s really excited to stay here. Well, I´m leaving Rondônia finally, and stepping into Mato Grosso! Have a spectacular week!

Loves,
Elder Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment