Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Thursday, June 2, 2011

May 31 letter

Wow! School´s out folks! Yes baby.
This last week, my comp had to stay at home for a few days and rest, so we did divisions during the afternoon, and then switched back to work at night. And Celso got baptized last Saturday and confirmed on Sunday. I love that kid!  We were teaching him once, and then afterwards he wanted to show off his pyrotecnics for us. He put alcohol on his bike wheel and then lit it and fire and spun it. What the... He´s a really funny kid. He´s Lucas´ cousin along with some other recent converts so they´re all helping each other to stay firm in the Church. It´s turning out really cool. Oh, and I gave a talk on Sunday and they announced my name as Elder Carpinteiro. It gave everyone a good laugh.
 
Today is moving day and also............ TRANSFERS! Sadly, I´m gonna be leaving Pedra 90 to go to Maracajú, some obscure little city in Mato Grosso do Sul. I´m excited to finally go down south though! It´s gonna be an adventure, and a long bus ride. There they´ve got a branch, so there´ll be lots of room to grow. And from what I´ve heard that they have really cheap pizza there. I´m pumped. And I´ll be close to Ponta Porã which is on the Paraguay border, where they sell lots of cheap stuff. Finally! My goal is to finish up my mission there. We´ll see how it goes. I´m excited to baptize lots of people in Maracajú!
 
My new companion is Elder Furtado. He´s from my old comp´s group, Elder D. Souza. Apparently he speaks English really well and is gonna be a doctor. It should be good. It´ll just be us 2 in the house, which isn´t my favorite, but at least we´ll have a clean house. The other funny thing is that I´m switching places with Elder B. Carpenter. We´re from the same group, and I´m sure that lots of people will have plenty of jokes for me when I get to the new area about our names.
 
Well, gotta go. See ya´ll later! Have a great start of summer! Swim and soak in the sun.
 
Brazilian Fact: You have to be creative when the water runs out.


Pics: Celso´s Baptism, The awesome family that is gonna get married soon, and Pizza Night with the youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment