Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

New Companion

Wowzers! That is a lot of good news! Congratulations to
Nathan and Mark. That´s too bad that a mission in Korea is hard,
but I honestly can´t think of a better person for the job
then Nathan. He´s got a 5 month wait too! Tell that boy
to read Preach My Gospel. That´s awesome that Mark got
his call too. California sounds really cool,plus
he´ll be doing ASL which is neat. Sounds like he´s got
some practicing to do haha. Preach My Gospel to him, as well.

One of my teachers, Irmão Nascimento went to Belem which is
super hot and has like indigenous people and he said that
they would fry ants and eat them. He said it tastes like
chicken, ha. He told us that they have big rats
there and really, just rats everywhere in Brazil.
Yay.... I hate rats. We all decided that we´re gonna make
a game of killing them.

My new comp is Elder Syndergaard from Minnesota,
'though he lived in Roosevelt,UT for a couple of years
before the mish. He´s super smart and quiet and knows a
lot about the gospel. He´s has a corny sense of humor
and is afraid of girls, so he has some funny stories.
He´s going to be a mechanical engineer, so that kind
of explains him, except he´s actually cool. And ripped.
He does lots of pull ups and things in the TINY weight
room here. It has like a baby bench press, some
weights, some bikes, and a broken mini-treadmill.
It is maybe the size of Seth´s room at home. Oh, and
we´re in a district of 12 here at the CTM. Everyone is on
the same week but we´re all either going to
Cuiaba, Campinas, Sao Paulo Sul, or Sao Paulo Interlogos.
It´s a really diverse, random group of people but we get
along pretty good. I much prefer this district to the 4
person one in Provo. All the elders from the other Provo
district that came earlier are in this one as well as
Elders Ockerman and Carpenter the Second (I´m the First
because I´m older). They are comps now. I have gotten
along really well with Elder Fa and we have had many a
time where we just look at each other during class after
someone says something weird, and bust up laughing.
Or just laugh at nothing at all.

The new Brazilians that moved in with all of our
districts rooms (Each room has 4 Americans and 2 Brazilians)
are really cool. They are all quite sarcastic
and really goofy. Naturally, we get along. Plus,
we are learning Portuguese better with them.

Oh, and my skin is getting darker! I love it.
I´m used to the humidity now, but I´m afraid that
I´ll still be in for a suprise in Cuiaba. The nights here
are quite hot but thankfully we have the fan. It´s
usually like 90 degrees F or 30 degrees C, not counting
the humidity (my alarm clock doesn´t have that).

Everything is good here. We have lots of Brazil
Stake President and other people talk to us during our
devotionals and things. They are not as fancy as the ones
in Provo, but they are usually pretty funny. I like
it here! It´s different but I´m adjusting to it quite well.
The Brazilians on the street are fun to talk to,
though they speak so fast... We get to go proselyting
on Friday and give out Livro de Mormons, so get excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment