Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My feet are getting better!

Opah. Graduation! How exciting for Jenny! Looking at those pictures made me think of Arizona and the fact that it is a desert and has no plants, ha ha. I´m glad that everything went well with the graduation. Talk about a long time coming! I´m glad that Jenny did good on her test. All that hard work and prayer paid off

Well, we didn´t teach a whole ton of lessons this week, but we had another baptism! We baptized Katia, the 19 year old with 3 kids. She is the oldest sister of Maike and Riki (they were baptized last week). The whole family was there for the baptism and a bunch of neighbors. Hopefully, they´ll all want to baptized too, haha. Now we´re preparing to baptize the other brother, Jhony, this Saturday.

Good news. My feet are mostly normal! It´s no longer cold here in Vilhena, and my feet were getting a little big in the shoes, and it hurt for a couple of days, but now all my toes that had blisters are calloused and hopefully there are no more problems. I can walk!

One thing that I learned this week in personal study (one of the many things) is about the Priesthood. A Priesthood holder can only use his Priesthood to bless other people. It can never be used for one´s self. I´ve had the opportunity to give a few Priesthood blessings (in English and Portuguese), and it is truly something divine. The words that you say are not your own, and usually afterwards, you´re like ´Did I really say that?´ and the truth is that you just said what the Holy Ghost prompted. It´s really cool stuff, that we are really lucky to be able to do. Well, we are doing the music thing this Saturday with a bunch of hymns and us elders singing and playing instruments. I hope that all goes well! We are trying to practice a little bit every day. Remember the things that you read in the scriptues by writing them down. That shows the Lord that you are willing to learn and apply them, and then you´ll receive more inspirations. Love you and have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment