Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

New place

Dear Fam Fam,
 
How´s we doin? 5 days. So excited for you guys. The wedding will be great. Of course, I wish I was there, but we gotta do what we gotta do. I´m sure that all of yall are just dead, but you have to endure to the end! It´s necessary! It´s good to hear that the ward is doing well and that Sarah and Jenny are going to be working at jobs full-time! That´s how it´s done. Nuts that Kailei is going to Argentina. I totally thought she would go to Illinois, but now she gets to learn Spanish. Congrats! It´ll be awesome. We can tell South America stories when she gets home. I wonder where Mackay will go...
 
Well, this last week we´ve been working with Elisane who is this recent convert´s mom. She´s got lots of family things going on but she came to Church this week. Also, we brought this rapaz, little 14 year old to Church that hasn´t been coming for a year. Now we want to baptize his friends. 
 
Cool experience that happened this week:
1) I was on a division with Elder Nader last week, because his comp was sick, and we went to teach 3 people: Jayze, Jason, and Amanda. We were talking with them about baptism and they were all being wishy-washy about it. So, we used the scriptures to help them out and show them the importance of baptism, but it didn´t seem to really help. Then, there was this 18 year old less active with us and he just went off and started bearing his testimony and conversion, fall and return to the Church, etc. I was honestly starting to doze off a little, when he stopped and then it just went silent. Then, everyone started crying and the Spirit was really strong! They were all touched and accepted to be baptized. Super cool! The best part is that we did almost nothing. The Lord is really in charge of this work, and we have the privelage to be a part of it.
 
Our transfer was only 5 weeks and now there are a ton of missionaries going home. They were all pretty big ballers in the mission and I´m gonna miss them. Below we´ve got Elder Onken who´s from Iowa, but will probably work/study in AZ. The other is Elder Allred from Utah. His parents came to pick him up and so we all took a picture.
 
Yep, I was transferred to a new area here in Cuiabá called Pedra 90. It´s a gigantic neighborhood and is going to be awesome! It´s a more humble place but that just means that people will be more receptive to the gospel! I´m way excited. I already know the Bishop and Ward Mission Leader and they are both super cool guys. It´s going to be great. Pedra 90 is like a mini-city in the outside part of Cuiabá that´s got 60,000 people. HUGE. I´m gonna be with Elder França who is from Recife. I already know him a little and I think it´ll be good. We seem to get along fine as far as I know.

Have the best week ever! I´m praying for all of you and I know that the wedding will be spectacular! I´m expecting a lot of pictures next week and some more to come in the mail! Rock the Party!
 
-Elder Carpenter
 

No comments:

Post a Comment