Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Monday, May 23, 2011

May 16 letter

 
I have included some neat pictures this week. The first was of an awesome sunset that we saw. Not nearly as pretty as in Arizona, but it was still beautiful. Then, we´ve got a picture of some spiders that we found at the Church. As you can tell, all missionaries were present. Sadly, when put together in a bucket with a frog, they don´t fight at all. The other picture of my sweet hammock. I love that sucker. If any of you want one, let me know because I´m gonna be buying a few before I go home. I like the hammocks here better than the ones from Mexico, because they don´t have the weird piece of wood at the top. It makes them easier to sleep in.

Nothing new happened this last week. We´re still teaching Lucas´ mom, but she needs to stop drinking coffee! She has already tried one time a while ago, but said that she almost fainted after. She only drinks a little cup in the mornings, so we´re bringing her Cevada (which is like coffee without caffiene and other harmful ingredients) so that she can switch. We´re also going ot be teaching Lucas´ cousin who has already gone to Church many times, but never got baptized. Yeah! And there is this other girl that came to Church and Activity Night with Carla that we´re going to teach, but we need to talk with her parents first. The problem is that he´s a pastor in some Pentecostal Church. I´m excited to get to talk with him! Maybe I´ll get to baptize a pastor. That´s been my dream for my entire mission.
 
Good Story: So, on the mission, you hear PLENTY of excuses from people as to why they can´t go to Church on Sunday. There are people that will go as long as it doesn´t rain, as long as they aren´t sick, don´t have to make lunch, or go out of town. But this was a new one that I´ve never heard. We´re on the street and contact this lady. We invited her to Church on Saturday and she said that she had a commitment on Sunday, so we asked her about next Sunday. She was like, "I don´t know. If I´m still alive then I guess I´ll go." Hahahaha. Wow! That´s something that we all hope for right? Womp.
 
Other than that, we cleaned our house today and it looks spotless. Woot! We had Zone Conference and I finally got Leah´s wedding invite. They look like a really good couple! Kind of creepy that his name is Bryan (cousins...), but he looks like a sweet guy. We also got some good ideas to find more people to teach. We´re gonna go and visit the member´s and less actives on their birthdays to sing them Happy Birthday on behalf of the Bishopric. It´ll be good fun. That´s it for now. Love you all! Go to Church and feel the word!
 
Loves and kisses,
Elder Carpenter


No comments:

Post a Comment