Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Thursday, May 5, 2011

April 25 letter

Óla família!

FELIZ PÁSCOA por todos. Quero estar aproveitando esse tempo muito especial com voces, mas está muito quente por aí, e vou ficar aqui. Womp. Happy Easter! Tucker´s seems to have thoroughly enjoyed the Easter party. Yes! I´m going to print out that one picture of him, because he´s just so dang cute!

Hey, Seth and Jaimee have already been married for a month and a half, huh? Sheesh.

Things are going awesome here in Pedra 90!! My new greenie´s name is Elder S.Santos and he is awesome! I really love the kid. He´s super excited to work and just baptize. He´s from São Paulo and actually baptized some of his friends before coming on the mission, so he´s already a baller. Only his mom and younger brothers are members, but he has a really strong testimony and really came prepared to the mission. I don´t even feel like I´m training him because he already teaches better than me, makes friends with everyone and is just a joy of a person. His body seems to have some kind of thing that makes him skinny, but he´s not mentally handicapped or anything. He tells lots of jokes, is funny, and used to listen to rock music back at home. Oh, and he showed me some fancy soccer tricks that I could never hope to be able to do. Not to mention that he´s really humble and relaxed. I´m pretty sure that he´s been my best comp so far! I love this guy.

We were actually teaching this couple last week, and we showed up and they were like, "Have you eaten dinner?" We responded no, and then they made us eat. After, we taught them The Restoration and the Spirit was really strong. I looked at my greenie and asked if he wanted to do the First Vision. He said yes, and did perfectly! Unfortunately the couple needs to get married, but if it weren´t for that they would be baptized already. I think that I´m training the future Dan Jones of Missão Brasil Cuiabá!

So, we had tons of people at Church this week, and already have one baptism, Lucas, marked for next week (one of Mikael´s friends) as well as another friend of his that we sent the 2 newbies in the area to teach (he´s gonna get baptized on Sunday too). Yes! Hopefully, we´ll get this other Lucas to get baptized too. He likes to do Parkour and crazy gymnastic stuff. As well as Carla´s daughter that we´re gonna try and baptize. Things are going well, and I´m hoping to show my new comp how to work! Things are already going better than when I trained my first son. Yes!

As for Easter, here in Brazil they eat giant chocolate eggs. The eggs are really expensive, but now that Easter is over, they should all be cheap so Imma go and buy one. Some of the members were nice to us and gave us pieces of their chocolate eggs. I love them. Thanks for helping out the sisters in Mesa! I´m sure that you made their day.

Funny story: You know how this last week was Holy Week, or whatever it is that the Catholics do? Well, We ate fish almost everyday. Ugh... I didn´t like fish before the mission, but I grew to really like it here (except for all of the little bones that stab your mouth). But PLEASE. Fish everyday is unbearable. Ugh. So glad that Easter has passed now, which shouldn´t even be a problem because it was the members that were feeding us fish. You can eat meat people!

Good week to everyone! May is around the corner! Woot! Time is flying by. Love ya!

-Elder Carpenter

Fotos: Some weird plant thing that has seeds wrapped in white fluff that tastes like cotton candy (there´re inside of the jalapeno lookin thing). Us with Grandma Odília, Mama Sara, and Daddy Francismar (they´re our family). Then us 4 on the night that newbie came (at 1 o´clock Elder T. Silva, Me, Elder S. Santos, and Elder Jones from Colorado)



No comments:

Post a Comment