Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Monday, April 18, 2011

April 17 letter

Óla povo!

Oopee doopee! Estou aqui de novo. HAPPY BIRTHDAY to Caleb boy tommorrow!!! 5 years old and crackin! I remember when that little guy was born and was all white and skinny. Wait, he´s still white and skinny because Clayton is his dad. Hahahaha. But please give him a big kiss for me.

Transfers Today: Everyone is leaving Pedra 90 except for me! Woo. I´m staying here and will (drumbeat)... train again. My favorite! It´ll be good, because Pedra 90 is a good area. We´ll see how it goes! I´m hopeful though. Elder T. Silva (a guy that I´m coming home with) and Elder Jones are coming to live in the house with us. It should be awesome! It´s funny though, because we had interviews with President 2 weeks ago, and he was talking with Elder Etchichury (an elder that was here until today) about training and all that, so we were always making fun of him. I thought I would get to stay here and watch him raise his son. But... he went to be in the office and now I´m training. Womp!

This last week was awesome here! President Oliveira came and talked at Church, and will be coming here for our activity night on Thursday. It´s gonna be real exciting. He wants this ward to have their chapel SOON. We also had a baptism of a 15 year old named Mikael. He is a member´s friend and an awesome kid. He does capoeira, which is a style of fight-dancing from Brazil. Mikael is really funny. During the baptism, he didn´t grab his nose, and I think swallowed a lot of water. Womp! I´m excited for the kid though.

Have a wonderful Easter! Always remember the true meaning of Easter, tá bom? Good week to all. Enjoy the Arizona heat!

-Elder Carpenter

Pics: Mikael´s baptism, My planner (somebody forgot to take it out of their pants pocket before doing the wash...), and PEDRA 90!


No comments:

Post a Comment