Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Back to the mission home

Oi familia! Sounds like everything is going well, in Mesa Land. Yep, it looks like you found Vilhena, hahahaha (we looked on Google Earth). From the moment that we pulled up there I thought it would be like Thatcher, because it totally has that small town vibe. But, it´s actually quite big. The stores are pretty ghetto, but there are a LOT of houses. I like it here. Oh, and one of the clothing stores that Elder Magdo was looking for a white shirt in, had some TY beanie babies. Some of them were some of the rare ones that are going to be worth $1 billion dollars in a few years! Too bad I didn´t buy one. And it´s crazy how the houses change in the area. Some are really nice and then 5 minutes of walking gets you in to the less fancy ones. The people are really cool though, and one thing that I´m always suprised with is their cleanliness. They are ALWAYS cleaning or already have a clean house. Lots of the people don´t have as many material possessions like we do in the States, but what they do have, they take good care of. I like that about Brazilians.

1. Does your mission president speak English? Yes! Although, he speaks Portuguese mainly. I really like it.

2. How often will you get stuff (letters, etc.) from the mission home? We get stuff during Zone Conferences and transfers. We have everything get sent to the mission home (which you have) and then you get them at Zone Conferences and things.

3. Do you have a frig, stove, etc. in kitchen? We have all of those. They´re all small, but it´s no biggie.

4. Do you have hot water? Our shower head has a thing that makes the water hot. Fancy.

5. Are you four elders the only ones in the city? Yep. We split the city in half and there are 2 branches.

6. How big is your branch? It´s really small, because there are lots of less-actives (we have work to do). I think we had about 50 people at church on Sunday.

7. Have you had any rain? Once, but thankfully I had my umbrella. It´s hot in Vilhena, but thankfully there is usually wind.

Anways, I´m currently in Cuiaba for my first Zone Conference! It´s been a blast so far. Today is our P-Day and we´re staying in some other missionaries´ apartment. We had lunch at a Rodizio, and I don´t think I´ve eaten so much meat in my whole life... It was flippin good though! It tasted like Ruth´s Chris and was amazing. They had some grilled pineapple with cinnamon that was also quite delish. Cuiaba is so much bigger than Vilhena! They have stores and things with technology and paper and stuff, that is not so common in Vilhena. Conference is tomorrow, so I´ll write about that next week. We took a bus and slept the whole time to get here.

Que mais... I just got the little box package, because I´m emailing in the Mission Office. I had my interview with the president already which was good. I have goals to learn Portuguese! I can usually understand people well, but it´s hard to keep a conversation going. Other than that, It´s all going good! I love you and pray for you every night!

No comments:

Post a Comment