Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Conference was Awesome!!

Oh goodness! I want a baby so bad right now! Tucker is cutest baby that I have ever seen! I might steal him when I get home, but by then he probably won´t be as cute. Just joshin! So what day was he born exactly? Thursday? In you next letter could you maybe send a list of all of the families birthdays? I want to be sure that I have them right in my book. I´ve been looking for a birthday card to send to Caleb for his birthday, because he drew me a picture and sent me a letter a few weeks ago, but I don´t think that the Brazilians believe in birthday cards. I think I will just make my own. But tell the Cleveland Carpenters thank you for the letter! My district was all quite jealous.

Conference was awesome! I absolutely loved it. I took notes on every talk (even the ones about raising children and such) and it was great. I really, really liked Uchtdorf´s talks. He was my favorite speaker. Boyd K. Packer gave a really good one in Priesthood, and Pres. Monson was great as well. Lots of talks about the Atonement. Our whole district made it a goal to study more about the Atonement. I was also very suprised at the hope that I felt leaving Conference. Many talks spoke about how wicked that the world is and how tough that the times are that we live in, yet they are always optimistic. That is something I have always tried to emulate in my life, but it´s hard. Even as I´m typing, I can just feel the love that all of the Brethren have for the youth and others who are struggling in the world. It is amazing. Also, we went proselyting in O Centro of São Paulo, last Friday. This is supposed to be the busiest place in the whole city, but... it was Good Friday. Hahahahaha, EVERYTHING was closed. It was weird because most of the people on the street were either going to or leaving the Catholic Church in the middle of the place that we got dropped off. Most people wouldn´t say hi back to us, and it was kind of funny. Then, we had a really funny experience. This woman walks up to Elder Syndergaard and I, and asks us for money or food. She was probably homeless and she said that she lost her job at the bank. So she keeps asking for money and food, and we´re like Não temos comido ou dinero! We kept offering a BofM, and she kept saying that if we helped her out with what we needed, then we would be helping Jesus. It was quite awkward and she wouldn´t leave. So then, she wanted my nice Zebra pen , so that she could ´write a letter to her kids´´ Finally, I was like ´´You can have the pen but only if you read the Book of Mormon, pray, and call the missionaries´ number. So we gave her a BofM and my pen (I still have 2 left though, and that one barely had ink in it). Yeah... not doing that again. The other people that we talked to and gave BofM´s to, were all really cool and receptive. We´re leaving next Tuesday! I´m so excited. We´re all sick of the CTM, so I´m excited to get out. I´m fluent in Portuguese or anything, but... it´s time. That´s about it though. I´m not sure when I´ll email next, but hopefully soon. I got the pictures and you guys looks like you had an awesome Easter. Have a good week! I love you all! Don´t be afraid to share the gospel. It´s really just a matter of opening your mouth. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment