Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hooray for Seth

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Yeah! Seth and Jaimee are gettin MARRIED!!!!! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!! I´m so EXCITED and HAPPY for them!! That´s the best news that I´ve gotten this year! Like I said to Seth, I think that just made my day/week/month/2011/mission! Awesome. Congratulations to both of ya! March 12 is gonna come quick. SUPER EXCITED! Sarah better take good pictures for me. I totally agree with Uncle Nathan, too, "it is never a successful mission unless one of your siblings gets married while you are out!"

Wow. The rest of my news is gonna be lame. We made Mexican food at a Noite Familiar (FHE) last night! Elder R. da Silva and I made soft tacos with little tortillas (like the ones that you heat up and have to pop the bubbles), with hamburger meat, lettuce, cheese, guacamole and salsa!!!! And we put a TON of pimenta (hot sauce in Brazil) in a separate bowl of salsa and guacamole. It was incredibly hot, and my nose was running, but it was worth it. Everyone wanted the recipe afterwards! Hahaha. Super good stuff. It made me feel like I was back in Globe eating at El Rey. Womp. Then, we played Mafia with everyone afterwards. Our plan is to do an FHE with one family in the ward every week, and then invite everyone to come. Good stuff!

Bruno, Jessica, and their little girl came to Church, too. We planned on going with them to mark the wedding at the legal office last week, but Bruno has been working like crazy. So, we´re supposed to go with them tomorrow. I just hope that I don´t get transferred before their marriage and baptism! That would drive me crazy.

Oh, and there are 3 Americans that just got here. They hadn´t gotten their VISA´s yet, and were serving in Alabama. The mission there is a LOT different. They said that basically, you just knock on doors all day. And there´re lots of crazy Baptists and whatnot that call the cops on you. I went on a division with one of them, and he had lots of stories to tell.

And I found out that our mission has 5 Arizonans. There´s Elder Bowles (Tempe, AZ right next to ASU), Elder Maner (Heber, AZ), Elder Williams (Gilbert, AZ), Elder Butler (Tucson, AZ), and me. Elder Butler used to eat at The Lucky Wishbone all of the time! We talked about how awesome the food is there at our Zone Conference. He goes home in May 2012, and we´re already planning on hitting it up once he gets back.

In response to the questions, no I don´t sing in the shower anymore. In the MTC, Elder Fa and I would sing Disney songs, but ever since then, I´ve outgrown the habit. The Mac and Cheese was DELICIOUS!! I don´t think the Brazilians liked it very much, but I sure did. Have a good week! Love ya! Have fun with the wedding preparations! Jaimee´s dress is amazing by the way. And Tucker is gigantic.

-Elder Carpenter


No comments:

Post a Comment