Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

New companion--greenie

Hola Família!
 
Things are going GREAT!!  I approve of the wedding colors, especially because one of them is red.
 
Guess what? Lots has gone down here in Tijucal! Yesterday we got a phone call about transfers and everyone left Tijucal except for me. Two more Americans are coming to be in our house and I´m going to be training a Brazilian! My kid´s name (when you train, you get to call your comp your son) is Elder S. Gomes, but he´s not gonna get here til Wednesday I think. I know absolutely nothing about him, haha, so it´ll be an adventure. Not only is that gonna be weird, but I got called as District Leader. Womp! Now I´m gonna have to baptismal interviews, district meetings, be more responsible, etc. I´m pretty excited for these new opportunities though! It´ll be good to be with an excited greenie! We´re going to baptize everyone in this hood.
 
Last week, we starting teaching this 18 year old kid named Willian. A week ago, he was at the bar, and some guys came and grabbed his friend, and Willian accidentally got shot 4 times. Crazy! It´s basically a miracle that he´s alive. We came and taught him and he accepted to get baptized. The problem is that he couldn´t come to Church because he´s not allowed to get a ride in the car or walk very far. So, in a couple of weeks he should be all better and we´ll go from there. We´re trying to take him out of his wordly life, and show him that there is a purpose to everything.
 
Thas it for this week. Hope that all is well in Zion! I´m sure that you´ll all be quite busy up until Spring Break, so good luck. Go to the temple often and be happy wherever you are!
 
Love,
Elder Carpenter

No comments:

Post a Comment