Click for Cuiaba, Brazil Forecast

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

One year anniversary

Ola Família!
 
Yet another week has gone by, and I´ve been out for a year! WOW! I thought that this day would never come. I still feel like I got on the mission yesterday. Super strange feeling! I still have a lot to learn and do before I come home. I´m hoping to make this second year the best of my mission. I want to work more efficiently, learn from my mistakes, and just have a good time. Really enjoy the work! I´ve only got one more to be a missionary, so I want to make it count. I´m going to make some goals and do my best to accomplish them. We were talking today, and I think that I´ve only got 8 more transfers. That´s enough to count on my hands! That´s gonna mess with my head for the rest of the day. It´s all downhill from here...
 
My little kid´s name is Elder Gomes! There is another Elder Gomes on the mission, so my comp´s gonna switch his name to Elder D. Souza, but for now his nametag says Elder Gomes. He´s also from Minas Gerais (my 3rd straight companion from the state) and he´s AWESOME! I love the guy. He´s pretty shy and timid in front of people that he doesn´t know, but once he becomes friends he becomes a chatterbox. It´s funny. I think after our first day together, I never really had to ask him questions to get him talking. Now he just tells lots of stories and I get to laugh at them. Elder Gomes has an amazing testimony too! He definately came to the mission prepared. He´s the only member in his family, and got baptized when he was 16. I can always count on him to teach really well with me and to really give the people confidence while we teach. I´m so thankful to be his comp.
 
The other two in my house are Elder Nader (Colorado Springs, CO) and Elder Naylor (Provo, UT). They´re both the Zone Leaders and way cool. Elder Nader is like Superman because he´s a great example and leader. Elder Naylor is way chill and like to joke around. Thankfully, we all get along pretty well and we´re turning this ward upside down! Everyone is wanting to leave with us and teach people and we´re planning on making this ward divide! One of the things that we do is teach the first lesson (The Restoration) at lunch for out message, and it´s gotten all of the members excited and giving us references. Things have turned awesome here in Tijucal! It´s probably the best ward of the mission.
 
I´m glad that Seth and Jaimee are including lots of RED in the wedding. It´ll be as if I was there myself picking all of the decorations! I´m glad that everyone is excited and helping out. Happy February! Love ya.
 
-Elder Carpenter


 Pics: Hippie guy that we bought coconut rings from, The Fantastic Four, Meu Filho.

No comments:

Post a Comment